The nature of our business, our diversification across geographies and industries, and the ever-changing pace of the global and local economic landscape requires us to regularly review our strategy. In today’s business environment where change is inevitable at every juncture, we believe a strategic plan should constantly evolve. Though our long-term vision remains intact and guides our decisions, the building blocks of our strategy are readjusted, as needed, to match the realities of continually changing circumstances.
In constantly assessing our operating environment, strategy and performance, we remain agile enough to seize emerging opportunities and tackle unforeseen challenges. Ultimately, our goal is to maintain our competitiveness and, above all, build resilience in the face of change. With this in mind, in 2019, we refreshed our three-year rolling strategy, which is built on four pillars:
- Build organisational strength and achieve operational excellence
- Build a united team with a common vision, integrated thinking and high engagement levels through robust HR policies and communication Improve the efficiency of corporate functions and implement a Group-wide shared services programme Accelerate the digitisation of our processes Improve the customer experience through the development of a Group-wide customer-centric culture
- Diversify our business portfolio and invest for future growth
- Address disruption in the telecom and media industries through a convergence strategy, the development of new product segments and services, and by leveraging our existing infrastructure and capabilities Build a new income stream through a phased development of our Hospitality segment Scale our Real Estate portfolio and improve yield through a more focused asset management strategy
- Rebalance the financial structure of CJ Group
- Restructure and reduce debt through the realisation of identified assets Address debt concentration at the Holding level Enhance long-term risk-adjusted returns Build financial resilience through a robust risk management framework
- Pursue growth through a long-term commitment to environmental stewardship
- Embed sustainability and environmental best practices into our operations, value proposition, product offerings and standards of behaviour Reduce our environmental footprint and preserve the planet and its natural resources Align our environmental practices with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Our stakeholders are individuals or entities who have a substantial interest in CJ and can either affect or be affected by our business.
Build a united team with a common vision, integrated thinking and high engagement levels through robust HR policies and communication
Improve the efficiency of corporate functions and implement a Group-wide shared services programme. Accelerate the digitisation of our processes. Improve the customer experience through the development of a Group-wide customer-centric culture.